This section will:
- orientate for the working with families in more collaborative ways
- give an example how to use simulations to work with families
- reflect the theme of “Games and families”
One way to learnt to work with families is to use case simulations. That is what we did during the intensive week, using Bland and colleagues (2011) five critical attributes:
- The process of using Creating a hypothetical opportunity (we made 6 family case scenarios in advance). Here you can find one example of scenarios.
- Authentic representation (simulation rooms)
- Active participation (all the intensive week participants participated)
- Integration (we had orientation lectures before simulations)
- Repetition, evaluation and reflection (after the simulation we had reflection)
Bland, A.J., Topping, A., & Wood, A. 2011. A concept analysis of simulation as a learning strategy in the education of undergraduate nursing students. Nurse Education Today, 31(7), 664–670.